 Off-Topic / Fun / 1330
Re: Where do paper clips go ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:50:15 GMT

Duane Hess wrote:
I've decided to begin collecting paper clips again. I hope to be paper clip
complete with the whole 1999 series soon. Does anyone have an insight as
to the possible changes that are being made with next years 2000 series? I
want my 1999 paper clips to be compatible with the 2000 paper clips.

I would wait until the Piltco Fastener Company comes out with their Y2K
report.

I read this news article on the Internet about this guy in a Delaware law
firm using some third-rate imports.  It seems he didn't have a problem until
March 32, 1999 -- then all the paper clips began to show erratic behavior
like sliding to the bottom of the page or spontaneously straightening out.

Now, Piltco's reps are saying that their paper clips won't have these
problems, but they've been very sketchy on how they've actually solved
them...

I had problems integrating the 1998 paper clips into the 1999 paper clips.
It seems that the 1999 paper clips are incompatible with the 1998 paper
clips. I did get the paper clip-to-binder clip conversion kit, but found
that to be too time consuming.

Don't ever go with the conversion kit from the paper clip manufacturer.  I
find that the best ones can be found at Sears, in the Craftman section.
They have a great variety, ranging from "ball ping" converters to "sledge"
converters.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder"
-- British scientist J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964)