 Off-Topic / Fun / 1334
Re: Where do paper clips go ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:21:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM (Duane Hess) writes:
I've decided to begin collecting paper clips again. I hope to be paper
clip complete with the whole 1999 series soon. Does anyone have an
insight as to the possible changes that are being made with next years
2000 series? I want my 1999 paper clips to be compatible with the 2000
paper clips.

I had problems integrating the 1998 paper clips into the 1999 paper
clips. It seems that the 1999 paper clips are incompatible with the
1998 paper clips. I did get the paper clip-to-binder clip conversion
kit, but found that to be too time consuming.

I've been having similar disappointing problems.  The quality of paper clips
seems to be declining -- they're not as strong as they used to be, and some
paper clip themes might be described as "juniorized" in that they lack the
tactile scoring along their edge which keeps them from slipping.

--Todd