 Off-Topic / Fun / 1167
Re: Sony unveils Playstation 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:59:12 GMT

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:57:17 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

I honestly meant the PSX2 wouldn't beat MY machine - a 450 with dual
3d accelerators.  And I stick by that.  It won't beat it
resolution-wise (why make a console that can do 1024x768 when most
TV's can't even display half that?).  It won't beat it storage-wise
(writeable or otherwise).

Both true. Sheer rc5 cracking power, however.... Think of it! These
things come with builtin comms gear, all you have to do is write some
software, set up a PSX2 farm, and you can beat Deep Thought ;)

Even if it does beat my current machine when it comes to pure
pixel-pushing power, by the time it comes out here in the US I will be
running something even more powerful, probably with some type of dual
TNT2 3d solution.

I seem to have heard something about "something even more powerful
than Metabyte's SLI" I wonder whether it's simply 3, 4, or more TNT2s
going parallel. there is no particular reason Metabyte's SLI couldn't
be expectended past dual cards.. I see a need for a card that comes
with dual chips of itself, though, because of amount-of-slots
limitations..

Jasper