 Off-Topic / Fun / 1067
Re: Sony unveils Playstation 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 01:09:00 GMT

Adam Yulish <bwappo@ee.net> wrote:
Maybe.  It doesn't kick my computer's butt, though.  :)

That must be some 'puter! Not a desktop machine, to be sure.

Well, no, not a desktop.  My computer is too big to fit on my desktop.
:)

I've got a feeling that to keep costs down, the PSX2 is going to be
sold barebones. $300 for a unit plus one controller. Those who want more
controllers will just swipe the ones from their old playstation (they're
compatible), and anybody who feels like 'netting with that console can
spend the extra money to do so. I think this is a wise assumption by
Sony--anybody who's willing to spend the extra $10-$50 a month on a 'net
connection can spend another $50 for the modem/ethernet card. BTW, the
PSX2 also has a firewire port.

Sounds good.  I read that it will also play DVD movies, which just
absolutely rocks.  That by itself will justify a big part of the
expense.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide