 Off-Topic / Fun / 1052
Re: Sony unveils Playstation 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:03:09 GMT

Okay, technology is *officially* moving too fast for me now.  I still have fond
memories of playing Pong (and I was quite good at it, too.  Undefeated, as I
remember.  Yeah, that's it.  And I won the local...international Pong
competition...twice-- with my wife...Morgan Fairchild [whom I've seen naked] at my
side.  And everyone prostrated before me...even Larry!  Yeah, that's it. That's
the ticket!)

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Jeff Stembel writes:

   The PSX2 chipset consists of a 128bit, 300 MHz CPU and a 128bit, 150 MHz
GPU.  The development operating system is said to be Linux.  Apparently, the
Playstation 2 can communicate with electronic devices, including computers and
digital cameras, using USB and PCMCIA cards.

D'oh!  Forgot something:  Is it a bad sign when a console kicks your
computer's[1] ass?  ;)

Jeff

[1]  It's only a year old, too!