 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 381 – 400 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Ayup! (...) I just returned from the poll. He got at least one vote in district 8 of NJ. My rotten traitorous wife voted for Gore because she doesn't want Roe v. Wade overturned. ;-) (...) Maybe, maybe not. See below. (...) Unless you go far (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: It's All Over...

You put too much importance on politics. I'm encouraged this morning because it looks like four more years of gridlock! The thing Ross Perot taught us was BAD! is the only outcome that can keep us at all safe from ravenous power-hungry politicians (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) a (...) lol (...) I doubt it results in an "accumulation of personal wealth". Additionally, I'm not yet at the stage where I'm copyrighting brick combinations ;-) (...) NEED (...) I'm not sure what you point is, so I can't answer Larry. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) I accept abortion is an issue. Most have opinions on it which at times may be hard to convey due to underlying emotions etc. However, I am always amazed at the importance of the issue in the US. Is there a reason for this? I know it is a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) My distress is over your inappropriate political comments in lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade more than it is over Bush being likely to become president. Gore was not my candidate. But I still think hand recounts are more accurate. They do (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) That was a good one to bring up. From what I have read of the issue with the siamese twins, I am in fact happy with the decision. I am satisfied that a rights based examination of the situation was made. In the case of abortion, it is equally (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: What am I missing here?

(...) Hopefully, Larry will figure out a new phrase, because he is constantly plowing the same ground with the "plowed ground" phrase! :-) Or has someone else complained, and thus this is plo....no, I won't say it. :-O (...) When I was a kid, I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: From Harry Browne

Hi Maggie, This is debate, so that's what we'll do. "Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message... (...) I'm (...) clarification. I disagree. I don't believe anyone's viewpoint will be swayed if we all keep our opinions to ourselves. I (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.304)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) That is indeed a principle tenent of the faith. I won't lie to you that I have questions as to how the balance of mercy/judgment must be applied by the state (whatever political state it might be). I think that the criminal justice system has (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.303)

  (canceled)

political
(score: 1.303)

  Re: Rights, Who needs them? (was Re: Abortion...

(...) I was not trying to hide that Larry. And I did alert any readers to that fact - which is what you chose not to answer my questions. That aside, looking at the tone of some of the LP aims, I feel that they do not care too much for the rights of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.303)

  Re: Rights, Who needs them? (was Re: Abortion...

(...) You or I can only hope to assist our kids in the education path which they choose. They can only make a choice from what is available. Educational planners are there to predict the needs of your country. At a low level, below are the aims of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.303)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) Oh? Why not? My mother-in-law is a Texan. The defense rests triumphantly! :-) I didn't insult the state, I just insulted the politicians. Feel free to substitute whatever state you like - the key word is "politician". There are four kind of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.303)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

Gerry, Ok, I'm not going to debate that there are several oddities that have sprung up that seem to help both candidtaes in all kinds of ways. I also agree that after the final recount, Bush will be the winner. But I think it is silly to say that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.303)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) LP is a vote of principle, and it largely benefits from disillusionment with the political process – a belief that a win for Gore/Bush will result in same outcome for the USA. I'm willing to bet that a good deal of LP voters would rather not (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.302)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4JFsK.53n@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) consent (...) Well, here in the UK, I can go round and see my MP this weekend if I wish. I can tell her just what I think, and expect her to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.302)

  Re: Today's the day.

(...) Not really, no. (...) for starters, you're extrapolating a bit far. For another, if only it was that simple. It's not the simple political machinations that I'm worried about. The "lying, cheating and stealing" as you allege pretty much comes (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.302)

  Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Clearly state the question, please, along with your assumptions. In the absence, though... I've never claimed that the LP has massive support among the voting populace as a political party. If it did, we'd win a lot more elections than we do. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.301)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) I agree with you, it is very unfortunate. For example, people swearing at others just because of their political party affiliation: (URL) ... I have argued that man is not Good, that only God is Good. (...) Maybe you don't associate with (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.301)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) Arguments are never won here Tom, they just end. Often weight of numbers, produces and end. However, just because a debate ends it does not follow that is has been won/lost. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the US membership of LUGNET does (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.301)

More:  Next Page >>