 Off-Topic / Debate / 7125
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:14:12 GMT

I missed this ref, it's even better:

http://www.lp.org/lpn/9807-pulse.html

(note that both of these refs were found by typing "abortion" into the
search box at the bottom of the front page of the www.lp.org site...)

I'm in the 4.9% camp at the moment.

++Lar

I accept abortion is an issue. Most have opinions on it which at times may
be hard to convey due to underlying emotions etc. However, I am always
amazed at the importance of the issue in the US. Is there a reason for this?
I know it is a separate issue, but I get the general impression that the
political pro-life supporters in the US are also pro death penalty in
general - is this wrong?

In the UK, no party has a policy with regard to it. Instead, each individual
MP is allowed to vote as s/he wishes – “issue of conscience”. I am sure that
in the UK virtually nobody makes a voting decision based on this issue.

Scott A