 Off-Topic / Debate / 7124
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:57:31 GMT

I too don't want to debate the broad topic of abortion, my own views are
unclear to myself at the moment (0).

slogans of the LP is "we're pro-choice.. on everything!"

I'm Pro-Choice, but anti-abortion.  How is that for fence sitting?  What it
means is, that given that my actions could bring a child into the world.  I
have discussed this with my wife, and said, that given the choice I would
choose not to abort a child (meaning that _I_ believe I can support one, and
_dammed well would_) but I would a) leave it to her to make her judgement, b)
help her either way with it c) not oppose her in a judgement.

That's how I view the entire situation.  Pro-Choice is exactly that, it doesn't
mean that I favor abortion.  I favor people having control over there own
bodies.  (and in this case, I think I would also fit into the 4.9% bracket,
Lar)

(and yes, I have done my share of marching for Pro-Choice)

James Powell