 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 121 – 140 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) Hmm, the question of what to do if the locals don't want a a free state. It seems obvious to us that anyone (who won't have substantial power in the alternative state) should prefer a free state, but is that really true? If it isn't, what do (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions

(...) Where does this number come from? Someone else (John Derbyshire) did some digging and came up with 34% of the world's GDP, using IMF figures. That's not the same as "wealth" so what is meant by that? (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Historical Significance of Iraq

Just a few positive facts to ponder: + Human civilization began over 5,000 years ago in what is now Southern Iraq. + Iraq, in ancient times known as Mesopotamia, is located between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers - the cradle of human civilization. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Lavender Brick Society

I've been kicking an idea around for a while, and I wanted to put it out to the community: I'd like to start an organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) AFOLs. A lavender brick society, if you like. It's seemed to me that (...) (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !!

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Oh I'd love to have a black/white, right/wrong stance as clear and simplistic as the one you're proposing, Larry. But the world's a complex place, which needs complex problem solving--there is nothing cut 'n dry in life. So when I say that I (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) Chris, you never cease to amaze me. :) IMO, The automobile is arguably the greatest threat to environmental and social quality, and is probably one of the most subsidized sectors of the world's economy. I was able to explain and demostrate (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Can God lie? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) the (...) Well, since there is no god, it would be hard for him to come down. The whole bible is a lie, its the world's best selling fiction novel. (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

This recent article on Sweden seemed relevant, though Denmark is compared somewhat favorably, I still wonder about the jobs numbers. (URL) retained the world's highest taxes, generous social security systems and a heavily regulated labor market, (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) You really mean give it to the UN so they can leak it... (...) Well which way are you arguing here? If you think we 'murricans should be the world's policeman it's aw'fly darn clear to me that Iraq desperately needs waxing, and has, since (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Losing hearts and minds - Chaos in occupied Africa (aka something that floats)

I'm almost at a loss for words. (URL) At a time when the world's opinion was with the UN for their stance of the Iraqi situation, those stupid <insert expletive here> go do what they did. I don't swear much, but this just makes me seething with (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Libitarian guff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Long and boring, yet plenty controversial... Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) library, (...) were (...) set (...) that (...) not (...) Why not? Those who can climb out of the "mines" will. Those who can't are a monkey on the world's back (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Really, read Stephanson. A large part of it *was* dumb luck, combined with lasseiz-faire attitudes (more out of a realization that the center could not control the edges than anything else) and a cultural touchpoint with the world's preeminent (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Comfort food time! ;^) (...) Well, the Pushkin playlet started the snowball (bad, bad Mister Pushkin). (...) "Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money..." (...) Hmmm, I can dig that. (...) Exactly, but how many folks really do that? We've reduced (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"

(...) Bollocks. Most of the problems of the third world countries that are doing poorly are attributable to lack of the rule of law, and lack of enforceable property rights in those countries. Claiming it's the first world's fault is, frankly, a (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: War

(...) I am comfortable with being a world saviour in the sense that we set a good example to the rest of the world on how to do things and how be free (imperfect, but better than, say, Syria), but not in the sense of being the world's policeman. We (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

Larry, I agree with you on this one. I think the "story" could use a little less random violence. Yes, we all dislike Jar-Jar, and if that's so, why bother to include this annoying character in the fantasy worlds we create? Not only that, but the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) Dubya can't on one hand claim that the UN is irrelevant while on the other hand condemning Saddam for disobeying the UN's resolutions. Additionally, it's not up to Bush to enforce the UN's resolutions; do you propose that the US act as the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

Steve Berry wrote in message ... (...) would. (...) in (...) Yes, it must have been originated as you mentioned, but today almost whole world celebrates it and give gifts to their firedns, and make holiday. aand this occurs regardles from any (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Thoughts on prayer

(...) that. Yes, exactly. Moslems acknowledge Jesus only as a prophet, not as God as most Christians do. They do believe in the immaculate conception but also make note that Jesus had siblings. Actually, the Koran makes a lot more sense than the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

  Re: 2000 scans

<sarcasm> yes it just pleases me to no end that shows like 'Dawson's Creek', 'Friends' and 'Beverly Hills 90210' go to other countries. </sarcasm> They're bad enough in this country where we know there is no way someone lives like that, let alone (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.655)

More:  Next Page >>