 Off-Topic / Debate / 4594
Re: Can God lie? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:01:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway writes:
Hmmmm, interesting.  I'm one who feels that Lucifer has no power (over • the
living).  None.  Zip.  Nada.  All he can do is lie.  Assuming there is a
devil.
A lie spoken into the proper ears can destroy a world, ne?
Absolutely!  But only if acted upon.
And if the lie is "There is no God....."?

I wonder what would happen if God came down today and said, "I don't really
exist.  I had you all fooled.  Have a nice day."

Would that be a lie?  Or, since it came from God Himself, would it be a
paradox?

--Todd

Well, since there is no god, it would be hard for him to come down.  The whole
bible is a lie, its the world's best selling fiction novel.