 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3421 – 3440 of about 12000.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) (URL) With its historical roots in the Jewish and Christian traditions, Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion -- that is, a religion that keeps an open mind to the religious questions people have struggled with in all times and places.> (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) Whoa! Girl-on-girl-on-girl...rl-on-girl action, straight from the pages. I'll have to reread this book after all. Dave! (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Not getting arrested seems like a good start. Also, breaking the law as a means of trying to have it repealed tends to turn people against you on the grounds that you're one of "those" criminals instead of "us" law-abiding citizens). Protest (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Oh, I watched the entire series twice through in the course of about a year (I missed a few eps the first time around, but I think I caught them all the second run through). Besides, she's a Cardassian, not a Kazon (and after the ad they ran, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Oh, it's a fairly old nickname, dating back to the days when ST:V was still in original episodes (possibly even to her first year on the show). I mean, think about it. She's a Borg. She eschews all of the "silly" trappings of human life in (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton wrote: <snip> (...) And the scary bit is that, from what I've read, all Dave's seem to be on the same page regarding this issue, and these Dave's come from widely divergent backgrounds. Wow! Dave K -go Daves (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) Made me curious, but yeah, I think John's spot-on on this one. Looks like it's just yet another quickie parable: "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath set over his household, to give them their food in due season? (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:I169rn.vn7@lugnet.com... (...) atheist (...) are (...) is, a (...) God} (...) simply (...) beliefs, no (...) uses the (...) all (...) There are UUs who have no religious beliefs (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) I was actually unaware of Franklin's claimed opinion on Judaism. But anyway, what about the evidence that hasn't been debunked? (...) Here's the thing. You claim that our culture has a powerful J-C influence because (I think) of the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Shame on you for following Dubya's lead. It is a mistake to pretend, because you have not made a statement using a specific phrase, that you therefore have not made an equivalent statement using other words. Dubya does this all the time: "If (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Look John, just because you're a sycophantic bushie fan-boy who'll believe any lie they tell us against all reason and evidence, don't expect the rest of us to fall for their big lies. It is frankly amazing that you expect the rest of us to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Oh, yeah, I don't think we should annex them. But if we're going to hang out we need to stop hemorrhaging. The way to do that is to break their will to resist. (...) Sure, that would be a wild, stunning and amazing victory. Fat chance. (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) It's never too late to get started. The entire series is out on DVD, along with the two more pivotal MfTV movies. All you'd really need to do is buy or rent the first three seasons, or even just the third season (since that's where this whole (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Yes, wouldn't it be refreshing if the President cared more about the truth and less about pushing personal political predilictions? If the press cared about the truth, they would have been calling for an independent prosecutor to look into the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) You'd need to prove conclusively that this is the case. The New Testament is proof enough that Christianity evolved directly from Judeism, just as the Koran is proof enough that Islam did as well. The Old Testament doesn't claim to have (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: American Idolatry

(...) lol Because it's a non-issue! I'm guessing it is a tit for tat when Kerry was overheard swearing at that secret service agent while he was snowboarding... (...) The point is civility. We dance around those terms as a way of showing respect to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Bad news for NASA

This is a reply to both Kelly and Steve (close by in the tree) and the FUT is set to just admin.general (...) I don't know what's proper. We're experimenting. I hope people won't get too upset about it, till we get it right. I did an experiment (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

(...) Would you mind providing why you think this? I think we'd all agree that war, all things being equal, tends to be unjust. Furthermore, Saddam was the recognized (by us) legitimate ruler of a sovereign nation. He did thumb his nose at UN (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) They may thank us for getting rid of Hussein, but they don't all want us to stay. The best analogy I've heard of this is shortly after the fall of Baghdad when an Iraqi citizen walked up to a US soldier and said something to the effect of, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.324)

  Liberarian presidential candidate stance on Marriage Amendment defeat

Reproduced without explicit permission, but hey, it's a press release, that's the idea. ===...=== NEWS FROM THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Suite 100 Washington DC 20037 World Wide Web: (URL) release: July 15, 2004 ===...=== For (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.324)

More:  Next Page >>