 Off-Topic / Debate / 85
Re: Non-"Leading Brand"s here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 23:54:03 GMT

Actually thee design if I recall cost lest to run than our does. I'm willing
to bet that china(scary thought) could do it, or Japan but I think that it
was more of safety thing because they auctioned off around the time those
capsules didn't slow down on the way back to earth.

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
Matthew Marshall writes:
They did
have it up for sale once and it is technically superior to our own • shuttle.

I think that's because theirs was built after America's. US shuttle design • was
firmed up using mid-70's technology, as well as some stuff left over from • the
60's. I'm not saying theirs isn't good, but it takes quite a bit of cash to
finance start-up, and then still a healthy amount to keep the program • going.

Though they might pick it up relatively cheaply, there aren't many • countries
who could afford to operate a shuttle.

-Tom McD.

tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com

Matt Marshall
$%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my pieces!!!
Matt's Lego Page
http://rapturesoft.hypermart.net/mlego/