 Off-Topic / Debate / 82
Re: Non-"Leading Brand"s here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:00:08 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote
Once upon a time, "Jesse Long" <LongJR97@hotmail.com> wrote:
rest.  Consider that the whole concept of the "football" was that the
president could initiate launches from anywhere, and you begin to wonder if
local has anything to do with it at all.

Was it just "war games" or didn't they have a sub 50% launch rate from
manned sites in trials? Like, half the time the boys would choose not to
set the thing off? So there was some incentive to have remote firing
capabilities?

But any discussion
of making it easier to launch nukes gives me the willies.

Ditto. Although I do think launching them into space would be a good idea
- orion ships are cool.

Moz