 Off-Topic / Debate / 22
Re: Non-"Leading Brand"s here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:07:16 GMT

Matt Marshall wrote in message ...
They could have and if they got lucky it might have detonated over a • Missile
Silo(1). But there is now way that had we gone to war they would have • caused
us a whole lot of damage. There technology wasn't up to it. Not to mention
they couldn't get there fighters over here to escort the bombers, and after
the flight most bomber(2)wouldn't have enough fuel to maneuver. So no.
Beside that we knew most of the alternate places for the USSR cabinet to
hide and had targeted those. They didn't know all of them and it's really
hard to bring down and EMP resistant airplane that's flying around.

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
So are you the person that suggests the the USSR (rememeber that's
what it was during the Cold War, or the CCCP if you prefer) couldn't
have succeeded in launching an ICBM at us?

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide

Matt Marshall
$%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my pieces!!!
Matt's Lego Page
http://rapturesoft.hypermart.net/mlego/
oops heres the footnotes

1)The Russians first wave was targeted at the Silos not at the prez because
he would be long gone and they knew that
2)They had to fly a really long way, except from the Siberian outposts and
those were actually targeted for California and such and those probably
would have frozen controls beside.