 Off-Topic / Debate / 7076
Re: Treacleheads (was Re: Sticking it to Todd (was Re: Clones Database))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 23:41:11 GMT

Dave Low <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com> wrote:
our Mega-Bloks!" And that's fine. I wonder when it got stuck in people's
heads that although the product was called "LEGO", what they were playing
with was "Legos". Was some little child too lazy to say "Lego bricks"? Did
they want more than just "Lego" they wanted "LegoS!!!"? (Just meming off
into the distance... )

It's normal language behavior. People call Netscape Navigator "netscape".
I even know people who (not so much now, but a few years ago) call Microsoft
Word "microsoft". No one says "may I have a kleenex facial tissue". It's
natural to treat trademarks as nouns, even though they're not supposed to
be.

Anyway, any word can be any part of speech, in English. :)

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/