 Local / Australia / 3520
Warning: Australians (Re: Clones Database)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:42:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Blimey, I make a humorous off-the-cuff comment in the Australia newsgroup
and next thing I know it's all set to become World War 3 in other groups.
Perhaps we should put a warning on the Australian newsgroup along the
following lines "May contain traces of irreverence; may cause outrage in
non-native species" :-)

Maybe include a reference to a national fondness for robust discourse and
colourful language, and a general suspicion of delicate sensibilities?

I like it :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...

And I do realise that I rather inflamed the situation there by jumping in
early-ish and so emphatically to Todd's defence, I just felt yet another
'beat up on Todd' fest coming, and to have to sit through all the earnest
discussion and pandering to delicate sensibilities that generally ensues was
just too depressing a thought. Rather than let that sickly sweet, treacly
juggernaut rumble over me yet again, it seemed appropriate to smack it while
it was still small.  These thoughts were on my mind...