 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 702
Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 14:23:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard W. Schamus writes:
One must also understand that it is possible, and more than likely that
Lugnet and Brickshelf could at some time in the future be absorbed by TLC.

I have feared this might be true (although I suppose it remains an unknown
quantity for the moment).  If it were to happen -- I would not likely
participate.  It's one thing to provide content in these threads as a legos
user talking with other users, and another thing altogether to do so as
someone creating a page over which TLC may hang it's various banner ads.
Sheeeeeesh!

Should we beat the rush and swing back over to RTL sooner rather than later?

Where's Tyco Superblocks when I need them? I sure wish they'd come back now
that so much of this brick design stuff is available to other manufacturers.
Yes?

-- Richard

Perhaps, since I've been speculating, I'll speculate a bit more. *If* either
of these wonderful internet intsitutions ever come directly under the
"banner" of TLC it does not mean that they would control the content. It is
my hope and belief that neither Todd nor Kevin would abandon direct control
over the forums. Simply, TLC would contract them to do exactly what they are
already doing without direct influence of what happens here.
I could be wrong but I don't believe that I am. I think I know Kevin at
least well enough to know that he wouldn't give up operational control of
Brickshelf. (Sorry Kevin, I'm just speculating here, so you can verbally
repramand me at a later time.)
Anyway, It is my belief that even if these come into the Lego sphere of
influence, they (TLC) would not directly control them. Would alternative
systems be here? Probably, but not anymore so than they are now. One hopeful
sign of this is that I've actually seen in a Mania Mag some kid's creation
that clearly included MB. So, you tell me? Is it time to run back to RTL?

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****

<snip>