 Off-Topic / Debate / 7056
Re: Treacleheads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:32:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Eric Joslin writes:
If they didn't have to contend with competition, would they be dumbing down
their sets, or would they be producing high-quality, high-part-count sets
still?

Or is it competition from video games and TV that are driving LEGO to
juniorise?

What kind of sets do you think LEGO would produce in a total competition
vacuum?

(assuming it's an open question...) Could you ever have a total, _total_
competition vacuum? Because if there's a market, there's kids, and if
there's kids there's no vacuum since they can always make up their own games.

And if they couldn't make up their own games they wouldn't like Lego, so it
would be Juniorised crud anyway.

But if you were trying to sell Lego to kids with imagination, I'd hope you'd
do the decent thing and make some bloody good sets. Because if you didn't
<insert Lego ain't what it used to be rant here>.

--Dave