 Off-Topic / Debate / 7053
Re: Treacleheads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, David Low writes:

I wonder how many clone fans would be truly heart-broken if Ritvik went bust?

I would be greatly upset, and I think (though I can't speak for him) that
Richard would likewise be upset.  And you should be, too; Ritvik is LEGO's
primary competitor and as such provides the only protection against LEGO's
complacency.

Are they the only thing keeping LEGO from complacency, or are they driving LEGO
to juniorise the heck out of everything?

If they didn't have to contend with competition, would they be dumbing down
their sets, or would they be producing high-quality, high-part-count sets
still?

Or is it competition from video games and TV that are driving LEGO to
juniorise?

What kind of sets do you think LEGO would produce in a total competition
vacuum?

eric