 Off-Topic / Debate / 23942
Re: Arrogance floats amongst the stars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 12:38:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:

I hope Dave K. will forgive me for jumping in.  Here are a few points
worth noting:

Hey, tag team.  No fair!

I figured that it was okay because we have the same name.  You can bring a few
more Dons into the discussion, if you'd like...

Reasons for going into Iraq.

Ok, you didn't like those reasons.  How about these?

  http://abcnews.go.com/sections/nightline/US/globalshow_030425.html

I know you'll like these.

  http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~pdscott/iraq.html

Point is, WMDs is just one of many reasons...

That's fine, but the problem is that those reasons aren't sufficient
justification to invade a sovereign nation.  Additionally, if those *are* the
reasons we invaded Iraq, then those are the reasons that Dubya should have
given.  His trumped-up claims of WMD and Rumsfeld's claim of "imminent threat"
were either willfully fraudulent or culpably incompetent, and Dubya should be
held accountable as such.

Dave!