 Off-Topic / Debate / 23923
Re: Arrogance floats amongst the stars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 20:29:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:

How many Iraqis have access to the web? Heck, how many Iraqi's have
24-hour electricity?

Well, that guy wearing the hood and standing on the box with wires
attached to his genitals probably had more than enough electricity.

A lame attempt to change the subject.  But if you must go there, at
least his head is still attached to his body.  Perspective.

Actually, that was one of my less lame attempts to change the subject--just ask
anyone.

Anyway, from my perspective, I see an Iraqi citizen whose nation was invaded,
who is 90% likely to have been incarcerated for no good reason, and who was
tortured by a reckless agents of an unchallenged military superpower which had
invaded on the pretense of putting an end to the torture of Iraqi citizens.
Nick Berg's death was a consequence of the unprovoked invasion of a sovereign
power, but Berg was warned by US officials to leave Iraq and refused; his death
should therefore provoke no more outrage than the death of anyone else killed in
this war.

Dave!