 Off-Topic / Debate / 23910
Re: Arrogance floats amongst the stars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 14:36:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
I'm almost at a loss for words.

[big snip] Doesn't seem that way.  :)

Now it's a totally differnt ball-game.  We see the 'enemy' for what
he really is--a spiteful, vengeful group of people who have *no*
consideration for people who aren't them.  Iraq isn't the issue.
Iraqi people probably just want to go about their daily business and
be left alone and let 'the powers that be' go do something else.  But
these extreme religious zealots who can hack off a person's
head and hold it up for the world to see... that's an entirely
different matter.

I don't understand what's different?  That's what it's always been
about.

Maybe Dave just realised it (again?)... it's easy to lose sight of how bad the
bad guys are when what you mostly hear about is how bad the good guys are.

Where was the outrage in the media at all the previous atrocities by the various
thuggish regimes, gangs, and fanatics in the region?

Answer: it's not newsworthy, the same way Dog bites Man isn't newsworthy. But
Man bites Dog??? THAT'S newsworthy.

And to a certain extent that's as it should be. The good guys should be held to
a higher standard. I'd just like to see the bad guys held to SOME standard by
those complaining about the good guys... else those complaining have no
standing.