 Off-Topic / Debate / 17886
Re: Freedom of Speech? W sez NO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:11:16 GMT

But you're accepting Bush's victory, even though it, too, was well within
the margin of error.

Hmmm, I can't say that I think it was even close.  The election was stolen
pure and simple.  We are no longer the country we think we are, and we
probably haven't been for quite some time. I know -- I keep trying to be
optimistic that things will change too.  But I think the country that I
love, the govt. system that we all pretend is in place, is long gone.

http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/12/04/voter_file/index.html

We all know that something has been smelling very badly for a while -- now
you know what it is.  It reeks from D.C. all the way to the west coast and
beyond.

BTW, I didn't vote for Gore and I am not a democrat; although Republicans
make me want to puke because of their wildly offensive social/religious
agenda.  I always vote for independent parties (the Libertarian Party, Peace
And Freedom, etc.).  So the fact that Gore should have won doesn't mean that
much to me -- it's not the case that I love Gore or his psycho uber-censor
wife, Tipper.  Bush, Gore -- it's *almost* the same to me -- almost but not
quite.

What I remain concerned with is the fact that there is rather compelling
information that the election was basically stolen and nobody cares.  Not
one little bit.  I mean, the guy's brother is the governor of the State of
Florida -- and that's where we had this REALLY UNUSUAL problem.  I am sure
it is preferable to pretend that the nation continues on its constitutional
basis -- but I am sorry, the corpse is starting to stink!  Is no one
persuaded by the staggering number of irregularities and coincidences of the
Florida elction?

And I am not talking about that popular vote vs. electoral college nonsense
-- I am willing to play the game by the rules agreed upon from the outset
and not cry foul just because things didn't go my way.  I am saying the
rules agreed upon were not followed, one party played unfairly -- capisce?

Remember the old Cheech and Chong bit about the dog mess?  Well, if it
looks, smells, and tastes like dog**** -- it isn't something else, people!

We are living through an almost unprecedented instance of political and
economic corruption.  Is this the status quo as you would have it?

The CEO president?  This guy isn't fit to sniff glue in the parking lot,
people!  We have a de facto ruling class with de facto titles of nobility
infecting the govt. and the nation's corporations at all levels.  Georgie
and Jeb were basically druggies and alcoholics in their day, and all of the
resulting Bush children have followed in their footsteps.  If it had been
you or I with these troubles we'd be doing time or sitting out some serious
rehab programs like they keep putting Robert Downey Jr. through -- none of
us would have become president, I can assure you.  If it had been you or I
we'd have felony convictions following us around making it impossible to
find decent jobs.  There is no way we'd be living the cakewalk lives the
members of the Bush family are leading.

I know in other threads I have made much of the U.S. electorate and the
power it holds.  Sadly, I have come to believe that the american electorate
will never wake up to reality.  The fact is that we are living in a very
comfortable facsimile of what the U.S. is supposed to be.  What can I say: a
well-fed dog doesn't turn mean, does it?

-- Hop-Frog