 Off-Topic / Debate / 17879
Re: Freedom of Speech? W sez NO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:06:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

Oh for crying out loud. The "popular majority" that Gore supposedly won by was
a smaller percentage than Bush won in florida, and well within the margin of
error.

  But you're accepting Bush's victory, even though it, too, was well within
the margin of error.  Are you familiar with the notion of "special pleading?"

most of the mindless American cattle

  As "first stones" go, I find this phrase particularly offensive.  For
quite a while you yourself parroted that stupid false Sarah Brady quote
about gun control, never once checking to see if it was valid, and only
abandoning it when I pointed out its falsehood to you.  Such eager,
unquestioning acceptance of a desired falsehood is pretty much the
definition of "mindless" and speaks of a culpable suspension of critical
thought.  To deride the "American cattle" for a fault that you yourself
possess is at the very least hypocritical.

The fact that the whole election was so close is proof
that most people didn't know which idiot to pick anyway.

  That's a hard assertion to make, since voter turnout was unusually high;
obviously some large part of the population had decided to make its choice
and to make its voice heard.  The fact that the results were so close is an
indication that the populace tends toward a more centrist view during times
of relative (and/or perceived) comfort and stability.

     Dave!