 Off-Topic / Debate / 16669
Re: Poll: Majority Palestinians See Israel's Elimination as Goal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 00:57:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

<snip>

Mike:

Leaving aside the propriety of quoting large sections of email that's
written in a style that pretty clearly suggests who the author was  (to
longtime readers) after the author asked you for anonymity...

Well the author did not actually ask for anonymity, and I really did not expect
anyone to guess. (Though I guess I should know better. My mistake, it won't
happen again.)

If you were going to quote it I think you may want to have considered
bowdlerizing or censoring it a bit to remove the profanity as it does
violate the ToS of LUGNET(tm), in my view.

Yeah I screwed that up too.  Um, how do I cancel the message?

Just my opinion. I would expect that the author felt they could speak the
way they did because they had no expectation you were going to quote them
here and I would ascribe no fault whatever to them for their word choice.

Yes the author did e-mail me wishing I had censored the profanity.  (Which for
some scary reason I did not even notice/think of, or something)

Again could someone please tell me how to canel that message as I was obviously
experinceing a lapse in judgement.

-Mike "narf" Petrucelli