 Off-Topic / Debate / 16668
Re: Poll: Majority Palestinians See Israel's Elimination as Goal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 04:40:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

<snip>

Mike:

Leaving aside the propriety of quoting large sections of email that's
written in a style that pretty clearly suggests who the author was  (to
longtime readers) after the author asked you for anonymity...

If you were going to quote it I think you may want to have considered
bowdlerizing or censoring it a bit to remove the profanity as it does
violate the ToS of LUGNET(tm), in my view.

Just my opinion. I would expect that the author felt they could speak the
way they did because they had no expectation you were going to quote them
here and I would ascribe no fault whatever to them for their word choice.