 Off-Topic / Debate / 16626
16625  |  16627
Subject:
Name a nation (Was Palestinians)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:37:20 GMT

There is no (historic) Palestine.  There is no such thing as Palestinians.  The
whole concept was made up during the last 50 years so 'we' could stop calling
them Arab refugees.

Perhaps we should call them “'Arab' refugees from the area formally known as
Palestine but now known as Israel and the occupied territories”? Or
ARFTAFKAPBNKAIATOT for short?

;)

Scott A

denial: (psychology) an ego defense mechanism that operates unconsciously to
resolve emotional conflict, and to allay anxiety by refusing to perceive the
more unpleasant aspects of external reality.