 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1897 (-20)
  Re: A serious clone question

(...) How so? You modified a piece of Lego. You didn't create it. You modified a product already covered by patent. (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Good to see you keep an open mind:0) I can tell the difference between Lego and Clones -any clone- simply from the sound. They sound cheap and they are cheap. In respone to your paint analogy- An artist uses quality products not cheap knock (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) I like how you minimize the problems of others. And perhaps I am exaggerating these problems -- but let's not pretend there isn't a problem at all. There really is a problem here and if there wasn't people wouldn't be so defensive about it. If (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Maybe not, but I was feeling left out! Dave! (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) I haven't previously commented on the original question you raised, Dave! But since you (indirectly) asked, I have no issue with the form of your original question, did not think it was quibbling, and think the answer that you and others (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Might be useful to ease back on the spin, there. "Quibbling" suggests pointless bickering about minutiae, but I think my question about the charter was legitimate and perfectly in keeping with honest exchange of information. I could have been (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks + Bandai sets

(...) These are actually new moldings. You're correct that the old Wild West sets had a cow skull and vultures, but the new versions are slightly different. They also appeared in the recent Xtreme Sports set (Mountain Challenge, or something like (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

Here are my last thoughts on this subject... In general, I think I've made my points and I don't actually think that anyone has intelligently refuted any of those points. There is a kind of exclusionary, nose in the air, attitude about clones that (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) You have to ask? Maybe you do not visit the index page that ofen.. it clearly says this: "Global community of LEGO enthusiasts LUGNET™ unites LEGO fans worldwide through discussion groups, web pages, and services. As an independent site by (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) heh, the same could be said for those that call people idiots ;) (...) I seriously doubt you can. Maybe it will make you feel better, maybe you can feel like Lego stole your idea - but I disagree 100%. I think its safe to say that part spawned (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) It wasn't intended to insult ANYONE. Terry, if you took it as insulting you, I'm not sure what to say except sorry. Richard, if you took it as insulting rather than just stating the truth about your "latch on to controversy and use it to cause (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Uh... Mega Bloks soared in popularity (based on increased shelf space devoted to them) durring the period of crappy LEGO set design a few years ago. Mega Bloks filled the void of mostly brick based sets that LEGO had seemingly abandoned. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) If you really care about the answer, you should start out by asking Todd and Suzanne directly, as our opinions don't matter much until/unless they say it's okay. If they do, then it falls to whether they'll be accepted, flamed, or both. My gut (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) I disagree. TLC had been losing market share to video games, movies, sports, action figures, and pretty much anything else that a kid could use as a quick source for distraction. MB probably only made the difference between being slightly in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) They actually have a division that's set up just to explore how their product can be used to help in early childhood development, on top of stuff like the LEGO First League (...) Same here. I bought a Matoro set from McD's only to find that (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Legally they can't call them "LEGOfest", "LEGOsWest", or "LEGOshelf" because they'd be in clear violation of trademark law (and would undoubtedly get called out on it). LUGNET rides the line by using an acronym that involves the word "LEGO", (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) He's not being told to stay in his little corner of LUGNET. Everyone here is free to post just about wherever they want, as long as it doesn't violate any charter guidelines. He is being told that clone MOCs probably aren't acceptable outside (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) When exactly did Larry insult you in this thread? I can only find one reply by him, and I can't see how it was intended to apply to you. (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Okay, point taken, but I was searching for "Batlord", "Executioner", and "Batlord Executioner" and I got a whole lot of nothing. You'll have to excuse me if I assumed you would have posted something about it by name. (...) I am not one for (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks + Bandai sets

(...) Note that those are not new parts, though I don't think the vulture was painted in the old wild west sets. Frank (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact