 Model Team / *742 (-100)
  Re: New Parts

(...) parts to see if they can solve a particular problem. However they tend to create $$ problems instead :) (...) I will! /Tobbe (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Parts

I liked the "Technic Connector Toggle Joint Smooth, Part #44 ". As for the escapement wheel, "bah!" :P (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.modelteam)

  New Parts

Rather than update the old "Part Of The Week" feature every week, I've decided to periodically update a list of new parts. I've put this on the old PotW page: (URL) you've seen any new parts that should be included, please let me know! thanks, TJ (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Nice (except the text is still next to the photos :-P )! I like the cab-tilting action photo :) Is that a can with 700 grams of dog food or is it a can that weighs 700 g? /Tobbe (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) OK, I've updated the page with a few more details including the attachment of the boom extension, and details of the 700g lift. Enjoy! ROSCO (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: String is not against the 100% LEGO pureness.

<<snip>> (...) I hope he wants to add it into some contest that only accepts official Lego parts :) (URL) folks, MoTeC is still up and running. I've been busy a lot in autumn, summer was almost dead-LEGO-wise and I'm about to move to a bigger (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

Hi, thanks Anrea! And your english isn't perfect, but I get the gist! ROSCO (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks Jen! Am I allowed to say "nyak, nyak" now??? 8?) (...) Well in this case, I just hung around taking photos from outside the barriers, and Andy saw me and invited me up! I've had not so pleasant experiences asking other crane drivers (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: String is not against the 100% LEGO pureness.

(...) Me too! I think rubberbands are other of those few items that can be substituted with non-Lego materials... anyway, the only difference (I think) is where the rubberband (or string in this case) was manufactured. And Ross, about the steel rod (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

Nice crane Ross, I'll have to update my webpage to say that it is practical to get a three section boom at 4 studs wide. It's great that you got good reference photos, I'm still not quite gallous enough to ask people if I can take photos of that (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

Hi Ross, many compliment, your allterraincrane are fantastic!To times it is more difficult to construct great small models rather than! Now I must wait for, I wanted to publish the new BIGFOOT!;-))))) Obviously I am joking!!! P.S. You know that my (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  String is not against the 100% LEGO pureness.

(...) Agreed! (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Well, I don't want to go into *that* argument, but I feel string is one of those few items that's perfectly acceptable to substitute with non-LEGO materials :-) (...) No problemo. I highlighted your post last week, but couldn't reply then (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks! (...) Hmmm. I didnt even try that - just chose the grey cos it looked more like the steel of your average hydraulic ram 8?) Might try a red one too.... I actually thought about getting a steel rod & inserting into a plastic sleeve - (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) lifting cylinder. I know the excessiving bending of the axle is a little unsightly. Have you tried other axles? Are the black axles more stiff than the gray ones? I know that's a dumb question, and I should probably know the answer. But I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) My in-mind project might be something like 70 cm long (1:20) and that's all I have to say about that for now :) (...) Or you could have the text above or below the pictures, not on the sides of 'em :) /Tobbe (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Me? Abuse LEGO??? Never!!!! 8?) (...) Nah, I like big stuff too was just kidding 8?) Just for a bit of comparison, this crane is 10 studs wide, Jennifer's AC100-1 is about 18 I think, and Dennises LG1550 looks to be around 24.... (...) Ah well (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: An ISCC entry I spotted

Yep, it's a great idea! I would like to thanks Ludger for sharing it, because I can use it for my own MAN tipper truck! Dennis (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Nice LEGO truck link!

Hello everybody, You must see this site. These are Black Cat wheels based LEGO trucks (Scania, DAF, Peterbilt etc). Unfortunately he doesn't build trucks anymore. Therefore he constructs 1:24 scale trains instead. The URL is: (URL) fun! Dennis (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks Simon! (...) Well they weren't my idea, but they kinda grew on me... ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Well it do get it's fair share of abuse. (...) :) (...) I don't mind more in the 1:20 range and I don't mind building what others already have built but originality is better. (...) Yes, they are. But I prefer to keep my browser in the 800 (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Superb! You've managed to get so much functionality and realism into such a relatively small scale model. I really love the engine(not sure about the pink seats though!). Psi (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks Tobbe! (...) I like them too, though I'm disappointed how easily the elevating axle bends. (...) 8?) I doubt even John's miniature controls could be squeezed in there! (...) Yes, I'll probably try transparent next time. It's so (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks Eric! Though the pink seats weren't my idea..... (...) Well, I've been following the progress of Jama with interest too 8?) Regards ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Clever design on the boom, both extension and elevating. But why didn't you use real drive and suspension, bet you could have fit some RC from HiTechnic in there aswell :) The stickers look OK from here, and they lead me to explore the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Ta Richie! The stickers are an art in themselves, but I'll get them better next time 8?) Those glossy sticker sheets are so darn expensive, you can't afford much experimentation! ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thx Lar! But the planetary gearing isn't really there (neither are the axles actually driven!) - I just put that there to explain the larger hubs on those axles! ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

Hey that's terrific! Check out how high the boom goes! I like the little trailer to help hold it too. I like how you used those steering systems. Gotta love the pink seats! Check out the size, like you said almost minifig scale, a true mix. I didn't (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Nice work! The stickers do add to the finished model. (And the website address on the side is a nice modern touch too.) Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Wow! way nifty! Another BRE masterpiece. I hope you add some detail on the planetary gearing on the driven axles... (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  MOC: All Terrain Crane

Almost-minifig-scale, based on DEMAG AC100. (URL) a link to the full brickshelf gallery with many more pictures, but won't be viewable until moderated. Enjoy! ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: An ISCC entry I spotted

Totally agree. When I was building my crane I had the same problem of getting the lift of the boom started. This is a really clever solution. It's also a great combination of looks and functions. Jennifer Beware.... (;-) Duq "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  An ISCC entry I spotted

(URL) LKW Ludger Havighorst (33) Lots of great details in this one! I am sure this is not the only entry we'll be raving about but wanted to toss it out there ... I especially thought the use of an exhaust pipe to hide the control axle was clever, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) The geared 9V motors are great. It's been proven that they're much more efficient than the old ones. They suck less current, and their internal gear reduction has less friction losses than a built-up gear reduction. The 12V motors may be more (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

Hi Thomas, A few months ago I already saw some images of your latest crane. No I’ve red the whole story about it. It’s a very rare crane, especially because it’s built of LEGO. Never seen that before! I’m always surprised when people manage to build (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.events)

  MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

I'm proud to present, finally, the finished webpages for my marine crane MOC (the crane I took to Brickfest this year): (URL) newly revised pages contain new pictures and a lot of new text (I had temporary pages available before). They will give (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: LJ redux

(...) ha, ha! Clever aint it. Ahem, yes. I wish I could take full credit for it but really it was one of many pictures while I was screwing around with the flash. I honestly think you got to fool around sometimes just to see what will happen. I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LJ redux

(...) You're on! Let's go! (...) Thanks for the comments guy, I appreciate it. Mark (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LJ redux

(...) Hi Mark! I especially like this picture: (URL) cool how the camera flash reflects in the lights and the tree to the left looks like it's bending away from the LJ! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LJ redux

Oh hey I never got a chance to mention how cool this LJ is. IT'S COOL! Yep, I gotta get back to my roots and try something like this again. Any chance we could go 4 Wheel'n with the Cherokee and I'll drive this: (URL) the LJ could barrel across that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LJ redux

Sorry for the double post, I wanted to get this to the other groups. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) Hmmm, these kind of stores are getting more and more scarce every day! I used to have some addresses in my neighbourhood, but some of them closed their shop :-( I also found some shop in the east of the Netherlands and there I bought lots of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) You're right. You always should buy as many copies as you can. But as always, you're too late! The same concerns the Black Cat. When it was introduced back in '97 I bought one copy. The year after I bought my second one. When my mother said (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) From "Toy Stack" in Glasgow, which subsequently closed down. They used to have some really good deals on Lego there. Jennifer (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Where were these half price? Rose Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:H6uvv6.pt@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) of (...) now (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) They were going at half price here a couple of years ago, I bought three of them, my only regret now is that I didn't buy more! I would buy another now though right enough, it is a good set that one. Jennifer (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: DAF 95XF.430 8x4 with six axle Nooteboom ballast trailer

(...) Thanks. (...) I will check it out. Don't know what's wrong. Dennis (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Joe, I don't know many beams I need exactly. Next year I would like to build a huge crawler crane (Mammoet) and first I have to study the real thing. Also I have to break off one of my current models which content a lot of red pieces. I know I have (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: DAF 95XF.430 8x4 with six axle Nooteboom ballast trailer

(...) Looking forward to it! -TJ (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) Even if you are not in the US, you can still get DACTA sets. For example, in Australia, Moore Educational (URL) sell this stuff, and the DACTA site has a list of all the suppliers in other countries. FYI, the cost in Australia is $16.50 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: DAF 95XF.430 8x4 with six axle Nooteboom ballast trailer

Looking good! Pity the zoom-in pictures don't seem to work for me... Duq "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H6rC7M.B7x@lugnet.com... (...) present. (...) a (...) soon! (...) pieces (...) a (...) '97. (...) DAFs (...) (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Dennis, I was just browsing on the Lego Pitsco Dacta site (which I know is US only), but they had a package of Red Beams: (16) 1x2 beam with hole (8) 1x4 beam with 3 holes (4) 1x6 beam with 5 holes (4) 1x8 beam with 7 holes (4) 1x10 beam with 9 (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: DAF 95XF.430 8x4 with six axle Nooteboom ballast trailer

I just updated my site with a new model: a DAF 95XF with Nooteboom ballast trailer. You can read all about it behind the following link: (URL) to this I’ve put some pictures on it of one of the shows I was present. See pictures events. Now it’s cold (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Why don't start producing and sell those 'classic' sets? I think there's a great demand! Next to such sets I'm also in search of red Technic beams. And, you've guessed, they're not available at S@H ):-( (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Well, if anyone overseas wants one, I can get one for them at cost with the following caveats/rules: They have to still be in stock ;-) 2 per person limit (though several people can have theirs shipped to one address to save shipping costs) Payment (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Maybe that's why it says 'Not available' in Holland. I guess it's one of those 'we found a few boxes on a shelf' that's only available in one or two markets... Duq "Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Hey all, Was just browsing LSAH and noticed the 5563 Racing Truck under the name "White Tractor Trailer Cab". Hasn't this been discontinued for a while? Maybe this will be a "white" Christmas for some Model Team fans who missed this one before... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

(...) Hi Tobbe, sorry for delay in replying you, I have pleasure in your comment. As you specified, main news on this model are RCX's applications. Really my target is building a big "work zone" technic figure scale with 3-4 interactive models (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H69yzJ.2or@lugnet.com... (...) Tempo (...) Prix (...) for (...) to (...) model. For (...) moves (...) the car (...) build." (...) The translation is good, but the source page is not (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: it's a Lego Jeep thing

(...) Hey thanks, I hadn't even thought of these groups. (...) thnaks again. (...) Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I thought the full size spare looked a little overkill, but the only smaller tire's I got are way too small. I don't have one of those (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

(...) I just want to agree. If you can, try to find as much pictures as you can, auto magazines are quite good source, car retailers sometimes offer quite exact sketche (It of course won't help if you're trying to build 1912 bugatti or military (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

(...) He did not, look here: (URL) and _dirty_ translation (I don't speak Norwegian): "Il Tempo Gigante built in LEGO The professional LEGO builder Jesper Nielsen has made a prototype of Il Tempo Gigante in bricks Since he was a boy, Jesper Nielsen (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: it's a Lego Jeep thing

Copy to: lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam Follow up to: lugnet.modelteam Spotlighted!! (...) <message left intact for new viewers> MAN! That is amazing! I love the details, especially the clever petrol can design! Wow wow wow. One thing that I'd (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of K.I.T.T.

My dream is making K.I.T.T. (Pontiac TransAm) from Knight Rider in various scales. For example 6 wide car, 1/18 scale and Technic Supercar 8880 scale. Wouldn't it be cool ?! Michael (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

(...) Where did you get all those gold pieces? - David (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making a model of an real life car

Ok, now I've found some sites that have pictures of the actual car I want to build a model of. Here you can see some pictures from when they constructed the car: (URL) you can see some details from the car: (URL) you all see on the pictures, the car (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

(...) Hey! That's a really cool function not seen in a modelteam MOC before AFAIK! (...) I've been considering building a trailer of some sort when mind-planning a few MOC's in order to fit all stuff and still be able to remote control the MOC. Your (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  RE: Making a model of an real life car

(...) First, pick which wheels you want to use. Since LEGO has a limited number of wheels to choose from, the wheels you pick will set the scale for your model. Next, I try to find an exact side view of the car. Front, back, and top views also help (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Making a model of an real life car

Hello, I've never tried this before, so could anyone give me some tip about making a scale model in Lego of an actual car? I have pictures, movies, games, and lots of other info about the car, but don't know where to start and what I have to look (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

(...) I will do. Dennis (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

(...) Hi Dennis, This model, built in collaboration with my frien Fabio Sali is fully operational as you specified, but naturally, due to the weigh (4/4,2 Kg) there's a problem .. it's very slow. Thank to Fabio suspension setup, and a good downgear (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

Andrea, Excellent model! Nice to see someone else also constructed a mixer truck. Seems that your model is fully operational. Did you have to cope come difficulties with the drumm? (shape, connection, motorization etc.). I'm curious to your next (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  New MOC: X2000 - the Swedish high speed train

Hi all I have put up some pictures of my latest MOC. (URL) is a model of the Swedish high speed train X2000. The original has a tilting mechanism to allow fast running through tight curves, but my model is only suitable for straight Lego track and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build) !!

  Another cement mixer......

Hi lego fans, I presented this model in Legoworld 2002, then after a little restailing in some estetics particular, I show you the result. The model is a Mercedes Actros 4143 cement mixer, in techinc figure scale ( about 1:21/22) equiped by RCX and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) And here are some more pictures and info:(URL) Bosman (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) I saw some US heavy haulers on pictures. I think those looks strange because of the length, the ammount of dollies and the non steered axles. These vehicles doesn't fit on the Dutch roads! Like the 6-axle tractor the vehicle needs a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) This really looks like quite a monster considering that it is a standard road vehicle; it would probably cover most of the space under the trailer. :) What does the text read though? (sorry, don't know German) (...) I did this for my current (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) Thanks! I've actually seen those on the road before. Just never knew what they're called. TJ (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

I believe that is a dolly with a fifth wheel on connected to the tractor, and then the trailer are connected to the dolly. "Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:H5J5vy.1JG@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) What the heck's a jeepdolly? Someone please edumacate me. Glad to see you back in the land of the living, Jennifer! TJ (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) Not if you're reversing you don't :-) Jennifer (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) Indead. Though, I prefer a 4-axle tractor with a two axle jeepdolly! Dennis (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) That's correct. (...) I have a picture of another 6-axle Scania of the same company, together with a 5-axle low loader (Nooteboom), loaded with a drilling rigg. I haven't got a picture on-line. Dennis (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) It has a 580 hp 16-litre V8 engine (built by Scania). Axle three can be raised up. I'm not sure if it concerned the 6th axle as well. (...) The tractor is 12x4 driven (driven axles 4 and 5). The three front axles are steered, as well as the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

Wow! (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

Hi, I had a close look at the drawing at the bottom of the page: it looks like the first three axles as well as the last axle are steerable. It also looks like only the non steerable axles are powered. Greetings, David PS: Now I'd like to see a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) raise up to reduce tire contact during non-loaded travel? How many of 'em are steerable? I'm curious as to how the two driven rear axles would be constructed with suspension. That's something I've always wanted to build. TJ (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  6-axle Scania tractor

And what do you think of building a 6-axle Scania tractor? (URL) Bosman (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Thanks. The carrier will be a 6x4 driven MB Actros (probably a 3353). See the following link for some pictures of the original truck: (URL) not sure if it will be this one with the loading crane. The trailer is a 5-axle Nooteboom step frame (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

Good luck, it looks like a worthy project to model! Will the carrier truck be "double wide"? Legomaster (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

I dont think there are any danger yet... regards "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:H5DuLK.453@lugnet.com... (...) grab (...) machine (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) them (...) Yeah, but I purchase in your country too ... 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Don't worry. I already have a lot of them. Else I wouldn't make this machine of LEGOs. And I only purchase in my own country .... Dennis (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Yep, I have enough for two medium machines, but more chain links are always welcome!! (...) Painting LEGOs is not my style. However, I've painted some old scratched pieces. But I'm not really satisfied with the result. I also would like to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) It is a nice crane indead! I have a lot of red beams. As I will not build the highest LEGO crane in the World it's not necessary to have 1000s of them. But as always I will be to short in them. Maybe I will order some, together with some 2x8 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Aaaargh! Someone else will be looking for bulk red beams! I'd better grab them all quick! (Anyone got about 200 spare?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) It's a shame Lego doesn't make them at all! You could always paint them :-) Jennifer Clark had success with painting 1x7 liftarms. Look at the end of the boom on her AC-50 crane, and you'll see them. They're quite nice. Actually, what would be (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) I'm assuming you'll go with the red color scheme. Good luck and keep us posted. TJ (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

Cant wait to see it inreal!! It is indeed an interresting project, Its a shame lego dosen't make crawler links in different colors.. regards "Dennis Bosman" <dennis.bosman@siemens.nl> wrote in message news:H577us.8qE@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

My new project for next year probably will be a 150 tons crawler crane: (URL) scale will be 1:13 as usual. Next to the crane I also would like to build a suitable truck to carry the crane. Dennis Bosman (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact