 Marketplace / Theory / 996
Re: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:58:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Frank Filz writes:
- Recall that Larry said he had a window already open with his auction, he
was able to cut and past a URL which was in the title/menu portion of a
window on his screen.

Ya, I grokked that.  :)  So it's significantly quicker to:

   1. Be on the already-open window with the auction
   2. Click on the browser's Location box
   3. Ctrl-C to copy URL
   4. Alt-Tab to edit-post window
   5. Ctrl-V to paste URL

than to:

   1. Be on the already-open window with the auction
   2. Right-click on first sign-up link and Copy Link Location
   3. Switch to edit-post window
   4. Ctrl-V to paste URL #1
   5. Right-click on second sign-up link and Copy Link Location
   6. Alt-Tab to edit-post window
   7. Ctrl-V to paste URL #2

?

- His auction text has a more complete description of the services than that
given in your sample post.

OK, that saves highlighting a paragraph with the mouse and clicking Ctrl-C,
Alt-Tab, Ctrl-V.

I think that given the time dependant nature of what was going on,

My understanding is that X.com's offer was/is expiring soon, and that Larry,
as a result, would stand to make progressively less money from X.com the
longer he waited.  Is this correct?

Larry's post was reasonable,

In your mind, would Larry's post still have been reasonable if time wasn't a
factor?  (For instance, if he had posted it one or two months ago?)

--Todd