 Marketplace / Theory / 972
Re: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:51:20 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
DO NOT BID on that lot because you saw it here. I'm just in a hurry
because I happen to be dialed in from class...

Hrm.  No offense, but how is "just in a hurry" different from "just lazy"?
(The word "lazy" being a word someone else used recently to explain how his
auction announcement wound up in .buy-sell-trade...)

The X offer expires in, what, 3 days... time was of the essence to let
people know that windows are not the only thing available. I literally
had 2 minutes or less to get that posted or I wasn't going to be able to
post it at all for several hours. That's what you get when you are
sharing one dialup line among a whole class and trying to take notes at
the same time. So I was in a huge hurry to do it or it wasn't going to
get done.

That's how it's different. It was do it fast or not at all.

And should that be a viable justification for drawing attention one's own
auction currently underway???

Again, that was the fastest way of getting the word out. I'm not sure
how I could have done it any faster, and I spent most of my time saying
NOT to bid on it. I would have pointed to an obsolete one but that was
the first one that had both in it and obsolete ones take a lot longer to
find (I already had the listing open because I was checking on how it
was doing)(

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!