 Marketplace / Theory / 993
Re: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:02:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
Again, that was the fastest way of getting the word out. I'm not sure
how I could have done it any faster,
[...]

First question:

I'm not intimately familiar with the services being advertised, so forgive
my naivete for asking, but wouldn't something such as the following have been
faster?--

Subject: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.
Newsgroups: lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade

Sign up via ME via both X and paypal and you get 20 from X, 10 from paypal,
and 10 from me (I rebate 5 of each 10 dollar referral).  US only, and act now
because X's free money offer apparently expires soon.

X.com sign-up:  https://preview.x.com/new_account.asp?Referrer=lar@voyager.net
PayPal sign-up: https://secure.paypal.com/auction/pal=lar%40voyager.net

-
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Second question:

What are your thoughts (pending available time, of course -- no rush) as to
the example being set by mentioning an active auction as part of such a
posting, as opposed to an alternative way as shown above?

Third question:

Do you think a special new group for these types of things (and also for
factoring services, etc.) called lugnet.market.services (or somesuch) would
be the best way to help people share targeted information like this?

--Todd