 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4745
Re: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:13:52 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Brian Sauls writes:
Out of curiousity (i'm tired and that word doesn't look right any way I
type it--doesn't help that the keys keep changing places under my fingers),
why doesn't Todd have this setup?  [...]

I've tried twice so far, but both times, X.com reported back an error, saying
that (a) their DB was still somewhat under construction and in flux, and (b)
that my name didn't match my SS# (which it actually did).

Yesterday when I tried to sign up, I got an error about my name, several
times. Today, I signed up in the morning, and it worked fine. I think
what is happening is some lookup times out, and they decide you aren't
real (instead of telling you that a lookup timed out).

Try again in the early morning.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com