 Marketplace / Theory / 1940
  PayPal policy change

Looks like international PayPal users who didn't know about this policy change are going to get screwed. Apparantly PayPal won't allow international users to transfer money to their Visa cards anymore. March 7th was the final day to get your money (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) Sorry, I didn't set the correct cross-post and followups the first time. (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

guito wrote in message ... (...) The email I got from paypal warning me about this (several weeks ago) said that if I didn't have a bank account attached to my Paypal account, any balance would be automatically transferred to my Visa before the link (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) Okay, what the h...? I never got this notice. I went to PayPal yesterday (once the site was finally running again!) and tried to accept one of the payments I had waiting approval. I got a message that I now have to register a bank account or (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

Kyle D. Jackson wrote in message ... (...) Because you can no longer withdraw to Visa or MasterCard, and they don't want you to be collecting money in your Paypal acct that you can't withdraw. The really stupid thing is that if you try and add a CN (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) Equally stupid is if you have a bank that lets you maintain a US dollar account(1), you can't transfer money back & forth to Paypal in US funds... Paypal will insist that the transfer be in CAD, so you get dinged for the exchange twice; one of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) We are supposed to be able to add a CN account denominated in US$ - the option is there on the Add Bank Account form - but if you try it, you get an error saying you can't do it yet. Grrrr. I opened a US$ (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) I have been trying to contact PayPal for days now and no reply. Anyone know how to contact these people by phone? I can't find a single phone listing for them anywhere (I thought that was illegal). Here's my beef. Any funds that end up in my (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

Kyle D. Jackson wrote in message ... (...) Canadian account registration now works, so you can at least register an account and not use it, just do like you were doing and accumulate it in the account and use it to pay for other stuff. Still can't (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) I'd like to find an alternative too! PayPal has left some people in Europe with "stranded" money or with payments that are "hanging" and can't be accepted, who have contacted me asking to help them unwind. I am not sure how, exactly! Anyway, I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) Can you elaborate on your experiences with Billpoint, Kevin? I note that they claim to handle transactions to 40 different countries. Have you found any hidden charges to Canada, or do you have any other interesting issues to raise as regards (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) I have never used Billpoint. I would be interested in experences/anecdotes anyone has to offer with their service. I do like the accumulation feature at Paypal, since I often buy after I recieve a few payments. (...) I have had similar (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Alternatives (was: PayPal policy change)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GA7Gtp.ILq@lugnet.com... (...) using (...) Have a look at my Brickbay FAQ #4 for payment methods. #5 details the exact transaction to me as a seller. Note that BillPoint charges a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

richard marchetti wrote in message ... (...) using (...) found (...) to (...) They do charge extra for international sellers, but it's comparable to the extra that Paypal charges (and their exchange rates when transferring to a CN account are way (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) Have anybody actually received a sensible answer from Paypal? I have now sent them about 5 - 7 mails regarding this. All have been answered, but they are not answering my quesitons. They just send out some standard answers which contain (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  (canceled)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) from the bottom of (URL) How can I contact customer service? If you have questions regarding our service, you can contact us via email at service@paypal.com or via telephone at (402) 935-7733 Monday through Friday between the hours of 4am and (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) G'day Helge, I've had the same problems. I had no warning sent to me that a new policy was to be implemented. They took the money out of my PayPal account that I was going to send to a seller. And I sent several emails that went for days (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal (ugh!)

Hi Amy, Thanks for the answer. money (...) excuse my ignorance; what is FTC ? (...) I went Paypal only (I have also accepted cash, but prefered Paypal) because Paypal was fast, easy and cheaper than many other options. Now that they have showed (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

Hi Kyle, The answers you have received from Paypal are in fact better than the ones I have received, but are still not very informative. (...) Agree, they now demostrate a complete lack of competance for doing web transactions internationaly. And (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal (ugh!)

(...) Go back to using factoring, I guess... (and I was so hoping that PayPal was going to put me out of the factoring business) ++Lar (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

Helge Viker wrote in message ... (...) difficult... Could you send it to someone you trust in the US and get them to send you a MO? If it's a one-time thing not ongoing, I'd do it (I'm in Canada). Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal policy change

(...) Thanks Ben, I did call them. My intention were to skip the first layer of answering people, and go directily for a manager of some type. The first lady I spoke to insisted on that she were the one to talk, and that there were no need to go (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services)