 Marketplace / Theory / 1950
Re: PayPal policy change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:05:26 GMT

James Brown wrote in message ...
Equally stupid is if you have a bank that lets you maintain a US dollar
account(1), you can't transfer money back & forth to Paypal in US funds...
Paypal will insist that the transfer be in CAD, so you get dinged for the
exchange twice; one of which is at Paypal's less-than-ideal rates. :(

We are supposed to be able to add a CN account denominated in US$ - the
option is there on the Add Bank Account form - but if you try it, you get an
error saying you can't do it yet. Grrrr. I opened a US$ account specifically
to use with Paypal (since their rates for withdrawing to a CN account are
disgusting), having checked the form to make sure t was on there... then
when I actually went to add it found that it wouldn't accept it. Grrrr!

Billpoint is having a "Free Listing" month from Mar 14 to Apr 13... time to
switch to Billpoint completely!

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1