 Marketplace / Shopping / 8747
Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:16:29 GMT

I'm also one of those lucky but probably hated ones as well!
I did my clearance shopping wednesday night and hit 4 x Targets in
Wisconsin. I managed to get 10 4561's at 50% off (and yes, other than the
parts I don't need, they are all for me!)
2 off the sets had come open though and I was missing 1 piece of curved
track, 12 magnets and one complete bag (passenger car). I'm going to try
Lego Direct on Monday to see if they can replace at least the magnets and
track piece. If they are unwilling to do so, to be honest I'm still going to
keep all the sets as I think I got an absolute bargain!

I also bought all the droid escapes I could find - those curved wall pieces
make for great tankers and grain wagons! On the spur of the moment I also
got 6 each of the LOM and Artic triple packs. I hadn't bought either of
those before, and was quite suprised at how usful some of the parts are
going to be (orange train anyone!). If I can find more of these, I'm going
to get some.

Anyway, overall I'm happy with the stuff I got. I would have liked to have
found a couple of the large Studios sets, and Star Wars Junkyards, but they
had all sold out before 50% hit.

Richard.

"Renard Graham" <rgraham@topcon.com> wrote in message
Well I went to Target Wednesday morning and checked out the offerings. • Then
Thursday afternoon I returned to buy a set for my son. Sometime in that • 24
hour period LOM multi packs and Arctic Packs showed up in large • quantities.
These were never on the clearance aisle. In fact I haven't seen the • Arctic
packs at Target in over a year. So they either dug them up somewhere, or
decided that they had room for the stuff. In past years it usually paid • to
return several times as sets would magically appear.

My two Targets don't have the trains on clearance either. I am in the
Pacific NW.

Rose

Rose

Well I must be one of the lucky (hated) ones.  I flew through the targets • in
my area on Wednesday and scored 4  of the 4561 train sets at 50% off.  One
of them is missing some substantial pieces though.  5 sections of curved
track, coupling magnets, and the entire bag for the dining car.  What are
the chances that I can call Lego and get them to comp me these parts?   If
they don't do it I will be returning it to Target for a refund.  The • stores
in my area have way too many of a particular (>100) that I am waiting for • it
to go to 75% off and then I will swoop in and buy them all up.  Should be
able to make a hefty profit on ebay if I can swing it.