 Marketplace / Shopping / 8736
Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:18:16 GMT

"Lou Pereira" <louper@DELETE.mediaone.net> wrote in message
news:3C3EDC62.255C62BC@DELETE.mediaone.net...
Just wondering if anyone in the New England area has seen
the 4561 Railway Express reduced beyond $99.99 at Target?

All of the Target's I've visited in Mass. have not made
the 4561 part of this year's clearance.  Since they reduced
the price after Thanksgiving to $99 it seems this is their
new price and they're not putting it on clearance this year.

I'm just wondering if it's a regional thing or if I've
just not hit the right Target stores :-(

- Lou -

That set seems to be store be handled on a store by store basis.  Here in
Raleigh where there are four Target stores (Cary, Garner, North Raleigh, and
West Raleigh), two had it on clearance, two still had it at $99 although
only of those two had any on the shelves.

Now the the latest Target clearance oddity.

Tuesday night Frank Filz sent out a message to the NCLUG mailing list noting
that he had found some clearance at 50% off at the Garner Target but the
Cary Target still had everything at 30% off.  This was about 9:00PM or so,
Target closes at 10:00.  Wednesday morning I went to the Cary Target at
opening time to see of the two trains they had left had dropped to 50% off
(at which point I would have bought them).

Not only were the trains not there, none of the other LEGO clearance items
were either!  The LEGO aisle had been reset and all of the clearance LEGO
had been removed.  It was not in the clearance aisle, it was no where to be
found (and I looked hard)!

So either someone cleared them out between 9:00 PM and closing on Tuesday
night (unlikely, there were a bunch of Droid Escapes and Robo-Riders) or it
was taken elsewhere for some unknown reason.  Frank suspected that it might
return to the clearance aisles as they move things around but my wife was at
Target last night and there was still no sign of it.

The other three Raleigh area Target stores still have some stuff although
not very much.  I doubt we will see much at 75% off in this neck of the
woods.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders