 Marketplace / Shopping / 8737
Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:33:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

The other three Raleigh area Target stores still have some stuff although
not very much.  I doubt we will see much at 75% off in this neck of the
woods.

I'm starting to think you're right, nationwide, with a few very limited
exceptions. As long as they clear the shelves at 50%, they don't need to GO
to 75%. (and I am one of the many who is willing to just about clear them at
50 if I see it... I suspect that's way up from previous years as more people
are savvy LEGO shoppers nowadays.)

The other factor is that I think Target is getting better at managing their
prediction of demand... less wild overshoots on stock means less overstock
to have to clearance.

My final prediction is that we WILL see Jack Stone (and not much else) at
75% eventually as Jack Stone isn't moving... I know *I* leave it be while
taking everything else.