 Marketplace / Shopping / 8734
Re: 2nd Round of Target Sales Begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:12:01 GMT

"sun yun" <solasphere@yahoo.com> writes:
50% has finally hit my targets in california.

I did notice something interesting though.  I went a few days earlier and
there were just a hand full of sets marked at 30%.  I went today and the
shelves were stocked with 5 times more merchandise and marked to 50%.  Or at
least there used to be :)

I visited the Targets in Mountain View, San Mateo, and Redwood City
(California) today, and found 50% off.  All the cheap stuff was in a
separate section, mixed in with other toys.  NOTE: They don't
necessarily put all LEGO together.  I found discounted LEGO spread out
over all of the clearance aisles.  You really have to look for the
stuff.

However, they didn't have much stuff on clearance.  They had a bunch
of Dinosaurs (the swimming one, I forget its name), some
RoboRiders(!), tons of Jack Stone, and a few other random sets on
discount.

My favorite find was the Soccer TV Coverage set (3408).  Lots of great
spacecraft parts, and some good minifigs too.  Unlike most LEGO sets,
just about every piece in this set is useful.  And at 50%, it was only
$15.  I may go back for more of them.

I also bought a couple of the new Star Wars sets full price (cloud car
and Ewoks)...

--Bill.