 Marketplace / Shopping / 2482
Re: Clearance price-matching (was Re: Last round of Target markdowns?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:40:55 GMT

Doug Finney wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Adam Hoekwater writes:
Okay, I'd better come clean about why I started this whole thing...

There are 2 RIS 1.5's at my local Target store that I've been
waiting on for quite some time. After reading yesterday's posts, I
was sure that I would go pick them up at an amazing $49 each, but
alas they were still $120. I was just trying to by-pass the
mandatory excruciating wait. Sorry for all the trouble, folks.

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. The RIS and DDK at my local
store are still full price! Last year they finally dropped the price
on the big Adventurer set a few weeks after everything else was gone
so I'd best keep checking back. Annoying but hopefully worth it in
the end.

'Fess up, Doug.  Did you take all 10 of the 4561's that were at $78 for
weeks and weeks and weeks at the Galleria Target, the morning they went
to $32.44?

BTW, Don't bother going to the Target in Baytown.  I obliged the
inventory crew by helping them clear all the old sets out.  ;-)

[FUT ...tx.hou]
--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX