 Marketplace / Shopping / 2320
Re: Clearance price-matching (was Re: Last round of Target markdowns?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:38:46 GMT

Hehe, GOOD LUCK.  The Target I wiped out of 4561s this morning has had them for $78
for WEEKS while all of the other Targets dropped them.  I called yesterday,
mentioning that the Target not 10 miles from them had just dropped their price to
$32.44, and they said they weren't dropping them yet, period (this coming from the
GEEKS that said they couldn't drop them early, the Regional Office wouldn't allow
it, and now that the RO had said drop them, they said they weren't going to).  They
dropped them this morning, so I didn't get as many of them as I could have if they
would have properly dropped them yesterday.

All I can say is call them every morning, afternoon, and evening.  Try to wear them
down (though that didn't work for me - I called so much the operator recognized my
voice after a while).

Adam Hoekwater wrote:

Okay, I'd better come clean about why I started this whole thing...

There are 2 RIS 1.5's at my local Target store that I've been waiting on for
quite some time. After reading yesterday's posts, I was sure that I would go
pick them up at an amazing $49 each, but alas they were still $120. I was just
trying to by-pass the mandatory excruciating wait. Sorry for all the trouble,
folks.

-Adam