 Marketplace / Shopping / 2328
Re: Last round of Target markdowns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:01:44 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

Adam Hoekwater wrote:

Okay, here's my proposal: What if one very trusting Lugnetter and one very
honest Lugnetter get together for a lucrative deal? Let's say I buy a bunch of
RIS 1.5's and Tie Fighter vs. Y-Wings at my local Target at 25-40% off. Then
couldn't I just overnight-mail the receipt to my friend in "Happy-land" where
Targets have decent discounts, and ask him to go in and get the price match
difference applied to my credit card? Does anybody have reason to believe this
would not work? Just an idea....

-Adam.

Hmm... I don't know if they have to honor that, much less the credit
card legalities, I don't think the person who you sent the receipt to,
could legally sign for the credit card, and they usually require the
card and a drivers license as well.

Clearance items are not subject to price matching, as per Target management.
This was explained to me by telephone from corporate.

best,

Lindsay