 Marketplace / Shopping / 2312
Re: Last round of Target markdowns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:49:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Adam Hoekwater writes:
Okay, here's my proposal: What if one very trusting Lugnetter and one very
honest Lugnetter get together for a lucrative deal? Let's say I buy a bunch of
RIS 1.5's and Tie Fighter vs. Y-Wings at my local Target at 25-40% off. Then
couldn't I just overnight-mail the receipt to my friend in "Happy-land" where
Targets have decent discounts, and ask him to go in and get the price match
difference applied to my credit card? Does anybody have reason to believe this
would not work? Just an idea....

actually sorta tried this, and found that they wouldnt price match anything
that was on clearance, no matter what day it was, or when I bought it.  They
told me clearance was clearance and unless I was straight up returning it,
they wouldn't budge.  but if I wanted to return it, I had 90 days.  I a few
times they let me return it at the price I payed and then buy it right back,
but only once or twice, and each time they werent very pleased with me.  the
only really easy way to take advantage of the great deals is to find them on
the shelves.  course this is just my experience, if anyone else has a better
way/idea, Im still game for trying!