 Marketplace / Shopping / 2318
Re: Clearance price-matching (was Re: Last round of Target markdowns?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:21:56 GMT

You have to call FIRST THING in the morning.  I just finished a 100 mile trip to go get
some 4561s at $32.44 each - I called the second they opened, and hoped they'd still be
there when I got there (luckily, they DID have some.  Not as many as I wanted, but
enough to make it worth the trip).  They would not tell me last night if they would be
marked down today.

John Neal wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Raymond Flournoy wrote:

  So the person might be able to return the items for you, and then try to
rebuy them at the lower price, but depending on the store they might make this
difficult.

Last time I tried this they said the point of clearances was to clear.
They'd let me return the items and get what I paid back (40% off) but
stated... you will have to wait 24 hours to rebuy at the lower price.

I did not want to chance having the items out on the floor for 24 hours
and possibly have them swooped.

Once again, Lar, you prove to be all wise.  That is a great plan which I wish I had
employed.  My Target had at least 12 4561s sitting around yesterday for $77.xx.
After calling today and finding out that they marked them down to $32.44, I went
back to find one left:-(  I got swooped{:-/ (My guess is by the employees)

-John