 Marketplace / Shopping / 2304
Re: Last round of Target markdowns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:12:50 GMT

Okay, here's my proposal: What if one very trusting Lugnetter and one very
honest Lugnetter get together for a lucrative deal? Let's say I buy a bunch of
RIS 1.5's and Tie Fighter vs. Y-Wings at my local Target at 25-40% off. Then
couldn't I just overnight-mail the receipt to my friend in "Happy-land" where
Targets have decent discounts, and ask him to go in and get the price match
difference applied to my credit card? Does anybody have reason to believe this
would not work? Just an idea....

-Adam.

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Phillips writes:
Hit one of the Target stores tonight, and it looks like the markdowns are over
out here.  several RIS, DDK, Tie Fighters and Y-Wings, even a few RC cars, but
when I scanned one of each, they were all list price.

david

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Phillips writes:
It would be nice if Target was consistant.  The two near me work in two
different worlds.  A couple of weeks ago, one had things at 40% while the
other was at 75% off.  Neither have marked down the Tie Fighters or Y-Wings.
It doesn't matter that they have a pile of them.  maybe i need to move.

david