 Marketplace / Shopping / 2284
Re: Last round of Target markdowns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:08:09 GMT

:( My order is backordered as well.
:) My Pokemon cards are on their way.
? I didn't order any Pokemon cards!!!
Julie

In lugnet.market.shopping, Naji Norder writes:
Why would they have a clearance sale and then not have the stock to be cleared
out?  I don't know how much they pay TLC for the sets, but I doubt its much
less than $50-60.  They aren't making enough money on each set for the • trouble,
I would think.

Does anyone know how much TLC charges stores for sets?  I heard once that it
was around 50% of MSRP, but that seems a little high.  Maybe 40% ?

Naji

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Stangl writes:
You MAY have gotten it for that much from WBStore.

I ordered a bunch right after they went on sale, and called today to confirm
shipment, and was told EVERYTHING from both of my orders is on backorder • until
Feb
18!

Nice of them to say that on the website or in the email they sent me!

I guess I won't know if I truly got them until they show up >:-|

Naji Norder wrote:

There were none left at that price around here. :-(  I did order one • yesterday
from wbstore.com for about $60, though... not in anyway as good but not • that
bad either!

Have fun,
Naji

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Boreczky writes:
My local Target (San Leandro, CA) had the last round of markdowns (75%!) • for
the 4561 Railway Express ($32.44), RIS and Tie Fighter and Y-Wing.  There
weren't any of of the later 2 left, but the Target employee got a kick
out of me taking all 6 of the 4561 just as she marked them down.
I knew that living in San Leandro would pay off some day!  If you've been
watching stock and waiting, better get to your Target fast.

John B.