 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 92
Re: What I'm agonna do
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:43:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Ectal Greenhaw writes:

I've already mentioned the idea of a minifig (and accessories) box.
How's that sound?

Lots of replies in one.. I have to get back to paying attention in class.

minifigs: not good, I spread a lot of them out already into the two I sent out.
There is enough still remaining to get a box started but it will be somewhat
sparse. Ditto for windows.

Blue: there is a lot of blue. A blue box would be fun, I think. There are
enough different blue things that some are junk to everyone and some are
treasure to everyone. yea or nay?

Gray: I think on reflection that the issue about grey being valuable in and of
itself is valid. I like the idea of a "drab" box which is tan/brown/grey/dark
grey only is viable. yea or nay?

If the group consensus seems to be against one or both of these I will do the
same thing I did with the black (of which there was only a tiny bit not mixed
in.... ) I will mix it back in.

Wheels: My read on consensus is that despite that there are a lot of old and
rare wheels in there, plus 4 5561 wheels I put in, we're better off splitting
the wheels up among the other boxes.

Duplo: No one has expressed interest yet. if no one does I will spread it
around the other boxes.

Junk: I am strongly leaning to just starting two junk boxes. Tamy, thanks for
the offer on wash and hold but I'd rather the stuff circulate. As I said, I can
take a pass at washing some of it. It's dirty and sticky enough that I don't
like handling it much. Or, I could send it to volutneers whjo were going to
wash it or clean it.

Technic is a done deal already, box thread was started. I could put some of the
technic wheels in there, comments please?

Windows are definitely going to be spread around, not sent separate.

Just in case I need to disclaim: ***I*** will in my sole judgement decide how
to break up the boxes, but certainly am interested in opinions. That's the
extent of the control I get to exert, once they're mailed, I get no say.

I DO want some boxes back after some circulation and will post my request after
the threads are long enough.

Based on my eval of the responses to this post and the rest of this thread I
will start more box request threads.