 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 75
Re: What I'm agonna do
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:17:36 GMT

Eric Kingsley writes:
Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Once the box is out of my hands, the process is out of my hands too.
Whoever the first recepient is will decide who gets it next.

Incorporating all the responses thus far: 1) It's ultimately up to whoever
has the box to decide who gets it next. 2) Tracking box requests with
(hopefully linear) follow-up posts to this group is a good way to get
started quickly but 3) We'll eventually want a more formal list like Mookie's
offering to do to make skipping around on the lists easier.

Why do we need to skip around the lists? Two reasons that have already been
mentioned before - trying to keep the box from going straight from one
person to another who has similar collecting interests and to jump over
people who can't take the box right then, but should be kept near the top
of the list.

Now, as to the box splits. I could create a box that is just technic.
There seems to be an interest in that.
I also can create a box that is nothing but blue pieces.
Ditto for gray
ditto for wheels only
Ditto for duplo

I like these, especially the color-specific ones. I bought a gallon bag
of nothing but white pieces at a used shop one time and it was a blast
digging through it, especially since I was needing lots of weird white
pieces for a MOC. Larry, if there's enough white to segregate (even if
it's not enough for a full-fledged box) send it to me and I'll beef it
up. If not but there's interest in a White box I can send a starter on
to someone else, though it might be a little skimpy to start with, too.

There is also about *2* boxes worth of stuff that I would characterize
as "junk". There is good stuff in there but it may be yellowed, very
dirty, chewed on, or broken.

I've finally reached the point where I can actually throw away pieces
that are so badly chewed or otherwise mangled to the point that they won't
attach to other pieces. Still feel kind of guilty though, like instead I
should build a Lego junkyard to keep them in. Some broken pieces are
useful even if they can't be fixed, though it would have to be a pretty
unusual piece for me to take a broken one from a trade box. No real opinion
on what to do with these pieces, I'm just blathering at this point. :-)

Doug