 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1768
Re: Revised Jamabalaya Space Box list and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 01:03:00 GMT

*SHIPPED* 1. Dave Johann (Los Angeles, California)
*SHIPPED* 2. Jon Palmer (Tulsa, OK)
*SHIPPED* 3. Jeremy Sproat (Fort Worth, Texas)
4. Chris Giddens  (Rome, Georgia)
5. John Henry Kruer (Northeast Florida)
6. Jonathon Mizner (Florida)
7. Nicole Drumm (Upstate New York)
8. Gil Shaw (Toronto, Ontario CA)
9. Jason Spears  (St. Joseph, Michigan)
10. Tony Alexander (Nebraska)
11. Mark Sandlin (Seattle, WA)
12. Mark Neuman (Seattle, WA)
13. Markham Carroll (California) Still not sure if he's in or not.

14. Back to Jon Palmer (Tulsa, OK)

Hello all! Time for another update now that time allows. Chris Giddens will
have the honor (challenge) of combining the Space boxes both Jeremy Sproat
and I mailed out to him a few days ago. I got busy working and helping my
sister with her newborn twins so the past couple of months have been
Lego-free for me. Lego takes a back seat to life sometimes and I'm fine with
that. I do alpologize to the 12 of you for holding up the box, but Jon got
it back on track and now the rest of you have a bit more to work with.
Shipping to Chris cost me $5.75 and I added delivery confirmation on top
just to see when he recieved it. According to the USPS website that day is
today, so John, you'll be looking at the box very soon! I'm interested in
seeing how long this circuit takes as I'm having trouble tracking down the
*LUG boxes' progress. Looks like Jon shipped it out on October 18, 2002 so
that gives us a starting point for the circuit. Build well everyone-I'll be
in touch!

-Dave Johann
LUGOLA founding member

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Jon Palmer writes:
<snipped inaccurate list>

I'd rather not make this list any longer if we can help it.  It seems really
long lists were one of the downfalls of earlier Jambalaya boxes.  If you
have been left out remember that if this works out we'll do another one --
try to jump on board then.

I filled up a big ziploc bag and crammed it in a 6x6 cube box.  My >shipping
to Sproat was $3.95.

-Things to remember.  When the box is on it's way to you contact the >next
person in line and get their address.

-Used parts are fine but please only put in clean parts.  Also try to keep
hair (human, pet) and dirt out of the box.

-Keep basic bricks out of the box.  Keep it as focused on Space as possible.

-Throw in some tiny MOCs if you want. I did. :-)

-Aside from using the 1 to 1 ratio for taking and replacing parts, if you
take a really cool part out please put something of equal coolness back in.
:-)

-If the box itself is disintegrating when you get it please repair or
replace it.  Otherwise feel free to keep using the same one.

Have fun!

-Jon