 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9732
  Ran Talbott

Does anybody know what happened to Ran? I placed an order with him on Brickbay more than a month ago and have not heard from him, even after I sent repeated e-mails. He has made more than 20 transactions on Brickbay since I placed my order, but I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) When you find out tell me. He has an outstanding order with me and has not responded to any of my messages. Adding to my concern is the fact that I have seen postings from him on RTL during this time. FWIW he has completed two transactions (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) He has also placed an order with me, and I with him in the same time frame...just over a month ago. Ran pulled a very similar disappearing act 4 months ago (do a search on his last name to verify). I know he is a respected member within the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

I'm sorry to hear that my problems with Ran were not an isolated incident. He failed to complete payment on some parts I shipped with "trust" since it was only about a $4.00 order. He then failed to send payment for a brickbay order (apx $25). Again (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

Here's my two bits worth... I don't know Ran personally, but I have corresponded with him privately and he seems like a very nice person. I think y'all should just cool your heels a tad longer and let things take their course. I bet everyone gets (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) <snip> (...) Someone here mentioned that Ran had a period a few months back where he was out of touch/offline for a while; well that was me that brought it up that time, and Ran did eventually get in touch with me, and everything was sorted (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

I rec'd payment from Ran less than 24 hours after filing a NPB notice. I was contacted by another seller via email who suggested that Ran might NOT have traditional email access, doing all business and posting through the web. The more I think about (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) For what it's worth (a lot imo) Ran has always dealt honestly with me. He's one of a fairly good sized number of people who, when I see an order from them, a little clicker goes off in my head that says, "nothing to worry about here." Things (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

To All, (...) Indeed. I have several orders from Ran right now, he will communciate with me whe he has time, and I can say with certainty he is one of my best customers, and I will vouch for him. When I don't hear from him, I do't worry about it. I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) I think it's important to cut people a bit of slack, but it's also important that if someone regularly has problems, that it be aired (heck, some might acuse me of being slow to process deals, though in general I think I'm responsive once a (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) I understand that things happen to people. I am not upset with Ran, I just want to know why he was still making transactions on Brickbay while my order stayed in limbo. I was buying from him, so if I were to cancel the order, it would be his (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) Well, pardon me for saying so, but I think if someone makes a purchase at my shop they ought to be willing to pay for it in a timely manner. You've made numerous statements in the past that indicate you aren't that concerned with paying people (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

Ran has had some good sources say good things about him. I have dealt with both Scott and Mike consider them VERY reliable. He also has an outstang feedback rating on brickbay. Frank does have a good point, money is involved which does mean taking (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Payments & Timespans [Was Ran Talbott]

To All, Well, this has brought an interesting discussion, and I thought I might voice in a little, since I do a little commerce with the fine folks on LUGNET from both the US and around the world. It was a hard decision to allow other payments other (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

Greetings, To conclude my participation in this string I feel I have some more to say. About 36 hours after filing an NPB with Ran on Brickbay he had sent me a paypal payment to conclude our transaction. I had of course left negative feedback for (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Payments & Timespans [Was Ran Talbott]

(...) I see the point you're making (and ultimately I agree with it) but I consciously did not make a comparison to buying something from a retail store. It isn't *quite* the same thing as walking into TRU and walking out without paying. BUT, it is (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

To All, I know this thread is many moons old, but did anyone hear from Ran Talbott lately? I still have an order from him, and I would like to finish the transaction (This is from TSSC no less). I found it packing yet again for another move. But at (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) I had an order via Brickbay from him recently; processed normally and received payment, but as I've come to expect with his orders, zero communication. James (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

I have had A Brickbay order from Ran I also had no emails from Ran.. but he sent payment on time and i have shipped the goods to him... Just waiting for a confirmation that its been delivered -- Mike Edwards Lugnet Member #151 - - - - - - - - - - - (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) Ran placed an order in my shop on July 4. I sent a payment reminder notice near the end of the month and got an email reply and Payment on July 31. However, I am also waiting for the Order to be marked as COMPLETED. I shipped on August 1. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) I know I am personally slow to mark orders completed. What drives it for me is actually getting time to open the order. I sometimes let them sit for a week or two because I am out of the state. But I agree, incomplete orders are frustrating. I (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ran Talbott

(...) And I probably received it. But, I'm in Missed Deadline Hell at the moment, and have only been getting home about once per week for the past several weeks. So, there are quite a few orders that I haven't even unpacked yet. At the moment, my (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)